Lecco – the city of The Betrothed (“I promessi sposi”, Alessandro Manzoni novel)
“We voyaged by steamer down the Lago di Lecco, through wild mountain scenery, and by hamlets and villas, and disembarked at the town of Lecco. […]. It was delightful. We had a fast team and a perfectly smooth road. There were towering cliffs on our left, and the pretty Lago di Lecco on our right, …”
Mark Twain, Innocents Abroad, Chapter 21.
Politecnico di Milano, Lecco Campus, Via G. Previati 1/c, 23900, Lecco, Italy.
- NH Pontevecchio, ****, www.nh-hotels.it/hotel/nh-lecco-pontevecchio
- Hotel Griso, ****, www.griso.info
- Hotel Promessi Sposi, ***, www.hotelpromessisposi.it
- Hotel Alberi *** www.hotelalberi.it
- Hotel Don Abbondio *** www.donabbondio.com
All the practical information to reach Lecco from the principal airports of Northern Italy and to reach the workshop location are summarised in the document available at the link below.